St. Louis Car Accident Injury Attorney
Automobile Accidents in Missouri
You have been involved in a St. Louis car accident and you have been injured. Now you are unexpectedly faced with car repairs, medical expenses, lost wages, and the fear of not knowing if your body will ever be the same. The
insurance claims adjuster calls and plays 'nice guy' on the first phone call, hoping that you will provide a recorded statement and a complete history of all medical treatment since birth. What do you do? You stop, and remember one important fact: Insurance claims adjusters are highly trained professionals whose #1 interest is to minimize the amount of money that is paid for your injury claim. In fact, the adjuster is awarded bonuses for keeping your claim value to an absolute minimum. Ever heard of the saying "bringing a knife to a gunfight"? Getting in contact with a St. Louis car accident lawyer at Schultz Legal Group is the first step at protecting your rights. We are consistently recognized as being the
best car accident lawyers in St. Louis.
Many victims who are injured in a car accident in Missouri will never recover the full amount of compensation they may be entitled to, because they don't understand just how much their claim may be worth. Many accident victims may accept the first offer the unfair insurance company claims adjuster makes and then be left with an inadequate settlement. If every accident victim consulted a
St. Louis car accident injury attorney as soon as possible, they would be able to avoid an unfair offer by the other driver's insurance company and would have the chance to recover the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries and losses: medical expenses, lost wages
and emotional pain and suffering.
You don't have to sit at home wondering what to do next. You have options, including the right to representation by an experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyer who will turn the tables on an unfair insurance claims adjuster. Your lawyer will immediately step in to handle the legal aspects of your claim. Your only job following a serious car accident should be to focus on recovery.
Did Any of This Happen in Your Car Accident?
Certain circumstances can change the legal strategy in your car accident injury case. Some of these can trigger additional avenues of compensation:
- Was there a defect in the way the safety belt tensioner reacted to your crash?
- Was the other driver working at the time of your crash?
- Was the other driver on a cellphone at the time of your crash?
- Did your crash take place near a traffic camera, intersection, or gas station?
- Did the other driver call 911 before you did?
- Did the other driver apologize or offer assistance to you?
- Did you have an passengers in your car that have their own car insurance?
- Did you have UNDERinsured motorist coverage (UIM) on your car at the time of your crash?
- Was the other person smoking a cigarette at the time of your crash?
- Were you wearing a seatbelt at the time of your crash?
- Does the other driver have a history of traffic violations? Do you?
- Did the other driver have old tires on his car?
- Did the other driver honk his horn, swerve, or signal in attempts at avoiding your crash?
- Do you have Medicare or Medicaid?
- Does the other driver own more than one vehicle? Do you?
- Did the police officers take photographs at the scene of your crash?
- Did the reporting officer issue any citations at the scene of your crash?
- Did the police record the extent of your injuries in the police report?
- Did you call the reporting officer to request any changes to the police report?
This list could go on for pages and pages. There are hundreds of variables that can affect the amount of money you will be compensated. Our legal strategy in each car accident claim adapts according to factors that you may not even think are important. This is why hiring a car crash lawyer is so important, even if you think "its just a simple rear-ender." There are no easy cases, especially when you are dealing with a multi-billion dollar insurance company.
All automobile crashes are not the same. In fact, many times our injury lawyers will become aware of facts which are not necessary included or mentioned in the police report. For example, many times our accident injury attorneys locate additional insurance policies that are 'on the risk' for persons involved in the crash. Sometimes we can also determine and prove that the other driver was actually working 'in the course and scope' of his or her employment at the time of the incident, which will usually bring the employer's commercial liability insurance carrier into the picture. This type of information is the product of a skilled attorney's competent factual investigation and intimate knowledge of all legal components of each individual incident. Visit our
CAR CRASH INJURY VICTIM INFORMATION CENTER for helpful tips in getting through these difficult times.
What if the other driver did not have car insurance? There are certain procedural protocols that you follow if the other driver did not have valid car insurance at the time of the crash. Our Missouri car accident attorneys immediately look to all other persons who may have an ownership interest in the vehicle that caused the crash. This includes residents in the same household, family members, and persons who may have "entrusted" the vehicle to the negligent driver. If no insurance exists, our injury lawyers will file an uninsured motorist claim.
Missouri Dram Shop Claim
If a serious or fatal car accident involves a drunk driver, chances are high that the driver was consuming alcohol at a local bar or restaurant before the accident. In certain situations, the bar or restaurant will be held legally liable for the injuries in the car accident. Visit our Missouri Dram Shop Claim page for additional insight into this complicated area of law. Getting a lawyer involved immediately is critical in these types of cases because proving dram shop liability is nearly impossible without certain elements of evidence.
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
By contacting a St. Louis car accident lawyer at Schultz Legal Group for legal representation, you are helping to ensure fair and just compensation for the losses incurred and injuries suffered due to the wrongful acts and omissions of another driver. We will investigate the scene itself, research the circumstances of the accident and your vehicle along with any other evidence that came into play at the time of your accident. We will stand up for you against any insurance company, wrongdoer, reckless truck driver, or anyone else who has caused you harm. When you work with a
Missouri auto accident attorney at our firm, it is our responsibility to make sure your rights are upheld and defended vigorously.
Want to learn more about how insurance companies evaluate injury claims? Our St. Louis car accident injury lawyers know the common tactics used by the unfair insurance claims adjuster. Simply put, insurance adjusters have absolutely no interest in being fair to the injury victim. There are bonuses and other incentives (paid trips, cruises, gifts) offered to the claims adjusters who settle the most claims for the least amount of money. Don't be victimized twice! Contact the Missouri car accident injury attorneys at Schultz Legal Group today and get the compensation you deserve!
Involved in a car crash in St. Louis Missouri?
Contact St. Louis Automobile Accident Injury Attorney Stephen Schultz today and get the
experienced personal injury lawyers at his top-rated law firm on your side! Our lawyers are available anytime at (314) 732-1401, toll free at (866) 840-3636, or by email to discuss your automobile injury claim. Don't be victimized twice, contact
automobile accident injury lawyer Stephen Schultz today.
What should YOU do if involved in an accident?
- Seek immediate medical attention even if you "feel okay"
- Report the crash to the police and demand a Crash Report be made
- Take pictures of both cars at the scene, if possible
- Obtain the contact information for any witnesses
- DO NOT give a statement to the other driver's insurance company
- Contact your own insurance company
- Contact St. Louis Accident and Injury Attorney Stephen Schultz for a personalized consultation